Samsung Galaxy S3 is a huge success and the manufacturers are busy making more and more mobiles. Have you purchased Galaxy S3? Well then you are very lucky, we got a simple guide for you from which you can root Galaxy S3 root within 10 minutes using the program Odin.
Rooting the device may void the warranty of the device and the only way to get its warrant back is by applying the Official Firmware Update or the Value Pack which we will be posting very soon. In the following guide we will be checking how to root the device. Also at the end of the guide is a video which describes the same and you can also root by watching that video.
- There should be at least 60% charge left in the battery to ensure that the phone doesn’t gets switched down in between the rooting process.
- Download Odin which will let transfer root files from computer into mobile.
- Download CF-Root for SGS3-v6.2.zip from here to your computer.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
- Extract/unzip the Odin and CF-Root-SGS3-v6.2.zip which you downloaded from the Pre-requisites section.
- Open the Odin after you have extracted it. Keep the Odin opened and in the meanwhile enter the device in Download Mode
- Download mode can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Once entered in download mode connect your phone with the computer via USB cable.
- The ID : COM section will turn yellow after you have connected the device. Click on ” PDA ” and select the tar file that is CF-Root-SGS3-v6.2.tar. It will take around 5 minutes to complete.
- Once completed the Galaxy S3 will boot into ClockworkMod Recovery and now wait a little for it to complete.
- And once it reboot again, it means you have successfully rooted your device.
You can check that you are on a rooted device by downloading and installing “Root Checker” app. Congratulations you have successfully rooted your Galaxy S3.
You can also refer to Android Authority Step-by-Step video which may help you very much if you are new to it: