Galaxy S Advance I9070 can update there mobile to Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware with the help of the official firmware which is dubbed as XXLE2. With too many bugs in the firmware dubbed as DDLD4, the camera and Bluetooth along with incompatibility issue with app have been addressed. In the following article we will be checking out how to update your device to make it better.
Caution: We or the developer are not responsible for any damage done to the device. Also note that this firmware is only compatible with Galaxy S Advance I9070 and not with any other device.
So lets take a step forward to make your device more smoother. The update has been rolled out in Nordic countries, but its an global update so people anywhere in the earth can apple this update irrespective of the country they are living in.
Essential Pre Requisites:
- Backup data to ensure that all your data is not lost/corrupted after applying this update. Also, do not backup data with the help of KIES because if you do so, if may not detect the KIES PC Suite.
- Backup SMS by using “SMS Backup & Restore app”.
- Transfer contacts by syncing them with Gmail application
- Store Call Logs
- Copy Songs, Videos, Files from internal External SD Card
- Run the device on USB Debugging Mode. By enabling it from going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and tick the check box.
- Uninstall all the antivirus programs which may interrupt the process.
Steps to Update Galaxy S Advance I9070 with Official XXLE2 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware
2. Enter download mode by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button and once you have entered, a green robot will be visible.
3. Connect your phone to the computer and ensure that the ID : COM section changes color to yellow. If not, then:
- Install USB driver
- Make sure that the “Samsung KIES” option is ticked and connect your phone again after it.
4. Click on PDA and select the file which you got after extracting the firmware package. After you have selected the file click on start and the updating process will start. Once the process is successful, the device will reboot. Now disconnect your mobile.
5. Enter the recovery mode after rebooting and select Wipe data/factory reset and also select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot the device by selecting reboot now.
Congrats! You can now enjoy a better side of your phone which is faster, smoother and bug free.