Galaxy SL users can upgrade their mobile to the the latest android version with some new powerful features as it is a ROM. SONY’s Bravia Engine, Sony XCloud, beats Audio and Apps to SD are the main features of this ROM. This update is not officially launched by Samsung, it’s an unofficial update.
Also, the update will have bugs in it which will be soon fixed by its developer. If there isany damage done t the phone during or after the installation procedure, we are not reponsible for it. So it is advised to follow the steps carefully to prevent any damage.
Changes in logs:
- Updated to MIUI 2.3.23
- GPS optimized
- Add Virtuous OS script’s
- Add missing app’s (Compass, Email..)
- MIUI v4 Icon’s
- Vurrut V1
- ICS Window Animation
- In Sleep: Governor: conservative, min:300, max:600
- In Wake: Governor: SmartrassV2, min:300, max:1000
What will work:
- 2G & 3G
- BLN (Light buttons Notification)
- All sensors
- USB tethering
- Video and Audio
- Calls and Sms.
- Internal and external SD
- All MIUI UI and APPS
Before getting on to the installation procedure, lets see the pre-requisites which are needed to be followed before the installation process.
- Charge the battery at least 80% so that it doesn’t gets turned Off in between.
- Uninstall and disable all the Anti virus software and security suites in your PC, so that they doesn’t popup in between.
- Run the device on USB Debugging Mode. This can be done by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and tick the checkbox.
- You can only update the mobile on this ROM if you have rooted the device at least once in XXKPQ. If not, do it and than start with this firmware update.
- Backup data so that it doesn’t gets lost or corrupted. Follow the guide given below, in order to backup data:
- Backup SMS by using “SMS Backup & Restore app”.
- Transfer contacts by syncing them with Gmail application
- Store Call Logs
- Copy Songs, Videos, Files from internal External SD Card
Installation procedure to Update Galaxy SL I9003 with MIUI 2.3.16 Custom ROM Firmware
1. Download MIUI v10.2 2.3.23 Firmware Zip package to your PC and connect your device with the PC through official USB cable.
2. Copy the zip to the root of your SD card.
3. After copying remove the USB cable and switch off your mobile.
4. Enter in recovery mode by pressing and holding simultaneously “Volume Down Key”, ”OK button” and than Power Button.
5. Choose “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and than choose the zip you copied to your mobile.
6. After the installing process is completed the phone will either reboot or land back to recovery mode. If it goes back to recovery mode than, “++++ Go Back ++++” and choose “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.