Google Nexus recently launched by Google runs on Jelly bean 4.1 and has been manufactured by Asus. Rooting gives us full control on the tablet which means we can do anything we want to like installing custom AOKP ROM but rooting voids the warranty of the device. The only way to get its warranty back is by applying the original firmware which we will be posting very soon.
The tablet is in much news these days as it comes Android version 4.1Jelly Bean pre-loaded with powerful tegra 3 processor and a 7 inch screen. Follow the tutorial give below to root your Google Nexus 7 Tablet and if you don’t have one I must suggest you that you should order it today. Check the battery backup and if it is less than 60% charge it so ensure that the device doesn’t turns off in between the rooting procedure.
Caution: If something happens to your device we are not responsible for it. If you follow the steps give below carefully there won’t be any problems and you will be successfully able to root your Google Nexus 7 tablet.
Steps to Root Google Nexus 7 Tablet
- First of all, download and install Android SDK in your computer. Follow all the instructions that comes on the screen. Once you have done it, download Superuser and Clock Work mod Package in your computer from the link given.
- Place CWM as well as Super User packages as it is in the “platform-tools” folder in “C:/Android” folder. Now open command prompt by pressing the “Win + R” and type “cmd” and then press enter.
- Now connect your tablet with the computer and enter the command given: adb push path-to-zip/JB-SuperSU.zip /sdcard
- Enter the following commands one by one as it is given:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
Select “unlock” in order to unlock your Google Nexus 7
- Once the rooting process is done, enter the device in recovery mode. In recovery mode, flash clock work recovery mode by entering the following command: fastboot flash recovery path-to-img/CWM-grouper-recovery.img
- Make the Clock Work Mod recovery a permanent one, go to “Mounts & Storage” > Mount /System and then in the terminal type the following command: mv recovery-from-boot.p recovery-from-boot.bak
- If you face any trouble gaining shell, “adb kill-server” then “abd start-server. And it will surely fix.
If the device freezes at any step you have to follow the instructions from the beginning.
To check whether you are on rooted a device, install “Root Checker” app and check it yourself.