HTC One X users can take out there mobiles to experience Android Jellybean 4.1. It is an alpha version which means it may have bugs in it. In this very article we will be checking how to install the firmware update on One X successfully. We will also be looking at the pre-requisites and what works and what doesn’t.
Note: This is an unofficial update and is not released by the company. It is an early release of Android Jellybean 4.1 and has been developed by XDA developers. Also, we may not be held responsible if there is any damage done to the Mobile.
This update is only for international versions and unlocked mobiles. It should not be applied to the mobiles which are bought from at&t, sprint and other mobile contractors which may result in bricking of the device. Also, in the upcoming days we will be posting about more custom ROMs for S2.
- Core System
- Internal Memory usage
- Vibration motor
- Activating Bluetooth/Bluetooth search
- Light sensor
- Button backlights
- Notification light
- USB mounting
- Radio *
- Sound *
- Google Now *
- Everything related to the issues above
- Charge your HTC One X at least 50% to ensure that the device doesn’t gets switched down due to less battery.
- Run the device on USB Debugging Mode. By enabling it from going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and tick the check box.
- Data may get corrupted after applying this firmware update. To backup data follow the steps given below in order to backup the data and copy the data in your computer so that you can take it back.
- Backup SMS by using “SMS Backup & Restore app”.
- Transfer contacts by syncing them with Gmail application
- Store Call Logs
- Copy Songs, Videos, Files from internal External SD Card
- Rooting of Boot loader is must. After applying this update, the warranty will get over and the only way to retrieve its warranty is by re-applying the Official firmware update.
Steps to Install Android Jellybean 4.1 Firmware on HTC One X
- Download HTC One X Jellybean 4.1 Firmware Update Package & Google Apps Package from the link given to your computer. With the help of USB cable connect the mobile in mass storage mode to the computer.
- After connecting the mobile, copy both the .zip packages and turn Off the device to enter the Boot Loader mode.
- Boot Loader mode can be entered by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- In the boot loader mode, select “recovery” to enter recovery mode from which you can clear the cache date. Select Wipe data/factory reset in recovery mode to clear it.
- Select install zip from SD card and browse to “Jellybean 4.1 Firmware Update Package” and then “Google Apps package” which you placed in Step 2. It will take around 8 minutes to install Android Jellybean 4.1 on HTC One X.
Congrats you have successfully applied this update. You can now enjoy the latest android version.