Good news for HTC HD2 lovers, they can now update there mobile with the latest firmware of Jellybean 4.1. It is an unofficial update released by third party developer and is a custom ROM. As of now, there is no use when is HTC going to release the official update but when they release it, we will be surely writing about it. Many things are working and some things might not work a it is a beta version. This firmware release can be applied only on rooted device or which have clock work mod recovery installed.
Caution: We are not responsible for any damage done to your device due to not following the instructions given below. Kindly do not apply this update on Network locked devices which may brick the device.
- Mobile Data 3G/2G
- Sound check download page for fix
- Video Playback
- USB Mass Storage
- Browser works but display is messed up.
- Error when Installing some Apps
- Google Now crashes.
- In the process of applying this firmware update, the data might get lost or corrupted. Backup data to a safe place so that you can get it back after the installation procedure. To backup data:
- Backup SMS by using “SMS Backup & Restore app”.
- Transfer contacts by syncing them with Gmail application
- Store Call Logs
- Copy Songs, Videos, Files from internal External SD Card
- Uninstall all the antivirus software in the device as well as in your computer which may interrupt the update.
- Enable USB debugging mode by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and tick the check box.
- Charge your battery at least 50% or else the mobile may get switched off due to no battery.
Steps to Update HTC HD2 with Jellybean 4.1 Firmware
- Download Jellybean 4.1 Package from here to your computer and once it is downloaded, connect your mobile to the computer the help of USB cable to copy the file in your internal SD card.
- After copying the file, disconnect the device and turn it Off. Now you need to enter recovery mode via the boot loader mode which you can do by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- Select recovery option in order to enter the recovery mode. For clearing the cache data select Wipe data/factory reset and also select Wipe Cache partition. If there is lag fix installed in your device then you can disable it from “advance” option.
- Now to start the main installation process select install zip from sd card and then select choose zip from sd card and browse the Jellybean 4.1 Package which you downloaded in Step 1. It will take around 10 minutes to complete and once done, you can then enjoy the latest android version.