Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 users can now upgrade there mobile with the latest Android ICS version ICS 4.0.4 XXBLFB and has bug like force close errors in Play Store fixed. We are happy to tell you that Jelly Bean 4.1 will be soon launched by Samsung and we also will be writing a tutorial on it.
It is an Official update released by Samsung worldwide which means everyone can update there phone either through KIES or through our manual guide. Users who are on custom firmware ROM can also apply this update but they first have to clear cache from the recovery mode.
Note: We are not responsible for any damage done to your mobile, it is very unlikely that there will be any problem but if you got by chance then you ask it in the comment section.
In the following article we will be checking to apply this update and this update has been released in UK but anyone can apply this update on there Samsung Galaxy S3.
- As you are updating it manually, you should backup data to keep it protected from getting corrupted or damaged. Follow the steps to backup data:
- Backup SMS by using “SMS Backup & Restore app”.
- Transfer contacts by syncing them with Gmail application
- Store Call Logs
- Copy Songs, Videos, Files from internal External SD Card
- Charge the battery at least 60% to ensure that the phone doesn’t gets shut down in between the installation procedure.
Steps to update Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Official XXBLFB ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
- Download ICS XXBLFB Android 4.0.4 ICS Package and Odin in your computer from here. After downloading, extra both of the files which are in .zip format and open Odin folder.
- Turn Off your device before connecting it to the computer so that you can enter it in download mode. Download mode can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Once you have entered the download mode, a green robot will be visible.
- Now connect your phone and make sure that you have opened Odin. The ID: COM section will turn yellow after you have connected your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Click on PDA button and select the .tar file and then click on Start. It will take around 5 minutes to complete and once done, it will restart the device. Once you see the language preference options disconnect your phone.
- Enter the device in recovery mode and clear the cache data present in your phone by selecting “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. Once done, select “reboot system now” and congratulations you are now using the stable version of ICS 4.0.4.
Tip: Just in a rare case if the device doesn’t boot up or gets into the continuous Boot loop mode, you need to reinsert the battery and boot the device normally. Or else you need to re-apply the update by following the steps above.