Micromax recently launched its ultra cheap tablet which has amazing features and impressive specs. Priced at only 7000 INR and has pre loaded ICS 4.0. Also, its is a Google certified product. If you have purchased this device then its the right time to root it. In the following tutorial, we will be rooting Micromax funbook and also pointing out the pre-requisites. remember, once the device has been rooted, its warranty wont be there. So be aware of it because you can’t go back to the company to claim its warranty. If you want its warranty back than you will have to update it with the official firmware update which we will be publishing soon.
It is a very easy rooting tutorial which even newbies can easily perform on there devices without any risk.
Note: The developer or thedroidblog.com is not responsible for any damage done to your tablet. You are solely responsible for it.
- Minimum 60% battery should be charge to ensure that the tablet doesn’t gets down in between the update.
- Run the device on USB Debugging Mode. By enabling it from going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and tick the check box.
- Backing up data is very necessary, after rooting the data may have a chance of getting corrupted or damaged.
- Backup SMS by using “SMS Backup & Restore app”.
- Transfer contacts by syncing them with Gmail application
- Store Call Logs
- Copy Songs, Videos, Files from internal External SD Card
Steps to Root Micromax Funbook P300 with Android version 4.0 ICS
1. Download the Funbook Rooting Package from the link give here to your PC and connect your device with original USB cable. Once you have connected it, place the rooting apk which you have downloaded to the root of your SD card.
2. Disconnect your device and go to the path where you play the SparkyRoot.apk using file explorer. Open it and install it.
3. After installing, open it and tap on “Exploit” which will move files and replace busy box file. Once it has been done, this means you have successfully rooted your device.
4. Now go to the main screen and install Super User App from Google play which will ensure that the rooting process is completed.