Gamerz ROM has recently got an update, which is a very popular Custom ROM for Galaxy S GT I9000 users. Before starting with our tutorial, we want to thank Burakgon and ChunLi for creating such an excellect custom ROM firmware which has more features and very less bugs. In the follow article we will be checking how to install this amazing ROM on mobile with pre-requisite steps and the complete installing procedure.
Note: We or developers are not responsible for any damage or injury caused to the mobile after the update. It is advised to follow the steps carefully and don’t add anything on your own which you are not aware of.
Change log of Gamerz Custom ROM v10:
-Improved classic Gamerz Rom look with stock TW icons.
-ADW Launcher changed with Modded blue donut launcher.
-Blue themed Google search widget. (Touch image corrupted. You can use standard one.)
-New Thunderbolt Scripts 2.7.0 (Thanks to Pikachu01)
-Thunderbolt 3G scripts added.
-LMK scripts updated.
-Scrolling cache tweaks for flying scroll sense.
-New 385MB RAM kernel. (Breaks 720p recording and taking front cam pics. If you need these features go to semaphore kernel thread and choose one for yourself. They costs so much RAM.)
-Google books changed with alkido.
-Google services framework updated.
-Battery icon changed ICS one again.
-New great wallpapers on sdcard.
-Status bar background is black.
-New CFS config. (Better gaming performance and no micro lags. Totally flying.)
-Added thinkfree office and deleted quick office.
-3rd party apps updated.
-1200mhz overclock voltages stabilized.
-Deleted some 3rd party apps because of changes.
- Run the device on USB Debugging Mode. By enabling it from going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and tick the check box.
- The minimum charge in the phone left must be 60% or above to ensure that the phone doesn’t gets switched off in between the process.
- You must be on the XWJW4 Firmware. If you are not on XWJW4 Firmware, then update it now by going on this tutorial: Root Galaxy S on XWJW4 Firmware
- Uninstall all the antivirus suites installed in your PC which may popup in between.
- Backup all your data which may have a change of getting damaged during the installation process from the steps given below:
- Backup SMS by using “SMS Backup & Restore app”.
- Transfer contacts by syncing them with Gmail application
- Store Call Logs
- Copy Songs, Videos, Files from internal External SD Card
Install Gamerz Custom ROM v10 on Galaxy S GT I9000
1. Download Gamerz Custom ROM v10 on your PC. Now, connect your phone to the PC with USB cable and copy the file to your phone SD card. Do not place it too deep which may be difficult to find.
2. Enter the mobile in recovery mode by pressing Volume Up Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button. Once you have entered the recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset”, “Wipe Cache partition” to cleer the cache.
3. Select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” > “Gamerz Zip File which you placed in Step 1. It will take about 10 minutes to completely update your phone. Once it has been done, select “++++ Go Back ++++” and then select reboot system now.
Enjoy the new version of this super cool Custom ROM and do share your experience with us.