Galaxy S users can now update their mobile with the initial release of Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. It is an alpha version of the latest Android version which means there is a probability of having some bugs in it. In the following article we will be checking how to apply this firmware update without any troubles with added pre-requisites. Also, Samsung won’t be releasing any Jelly Bean official update for Samsung Galaxy S GT .
We will also be looking at what will work and what will not work after you have updated your mobile. Also, kindly note that this firmware update is only available for Galaxy S and is currently in beta phase.
Caution: We will not be held responsible for any damage done to the device and is an unofficial update not released by the manufacturers. We request our readers to follow all the mentioned steps carefully and do not apply this update on Network locked devices which may even brick the device
- Internal SD
- HW Video Acc
- External SD
- Google Now
- Charge in the battery must be more than 50% so to ensure that the device doesn’t gets switched down in between the installation process.
- Enable KIES mode by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and tick the check box.
- After applying this firmware update, the data might get corrupted or lost. You can backup data to computer and get it back once you have updated your mobile. Follow the steps given below to backup:
- Backup SMS by using “SMS Backup & Restore app”.
- Transfer contacts by syncing them with Gmail application
- Store Call Logs
- Copy Songs, Videos, Files from internal External SD Card
- You can check that you are on rooted mobile by downloading and installing “Root Checker app” on your mobile.
- If you are not on rooted device then you will have to root your device. You can Google “Root Galaxy S GT I9000 on XXJVU Firmware.”
Once you have gone through all the quick pre-requisites listed above, its time to update your mobile with Jellybean 4.1 Firmware Update.
Steps to Update Galaxy S GT I9000 with Jellybean 4.1 Firmware:
- Download Jellybean 4.1 Firmware Package from the link given to your computer. After downloading connect your mobile to the PC with the help of USB cable and place the file in your device SD card.
- Disconnect the mobile after the file has been copied. Turn Off you’re mobile to enter the recovery mode which can be done by pressing the Volume up Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- Once you have entered the recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition in order to clear the cache data. Reboot the device by selecting “reboot system now” so that the cache data is completely removed.
- Select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” and then select the file you have placed in Step 2 that is Jellybean 4.1 firmware package and select Yes. It will take around 5 minutes to completely install the new firmware update.
- Once done, select “Go and select reboot system now. Once the phone has started in normal mode, you can enjoy the Jelly Bean.