Galaxy S II users can enjoy the stable and bug free custom ROM by applying the WanamLite Custom ROM Firmware Update. In the following guide we will be checking how to install this custom ROM in your device. This is not an official update released by Samsung it has been made by the developer WanamLite.
In order to apply this update you will have to root your device which may void its warranty, the only way to claim its warranty back is by applying XWLPD Firmware on the device again.
Note: www.thedroidblog.com or its developer WanamLite are not responsible for any damage or injury done to your device in the following process. Kindly apply this update on the Galaxy S II GT I9100 and not on any other version/model.
Its is an ICS custom ROM firmware which comes with Arabic language support which many of my readers wanted. This ROM will give you are perfect experience and the ROM is very stable, although if you face any bugs then do comment below.
- Better optimised apk’s, framework for more speed and Updated
- Ram Hack
- Battery tweaks
- Internet speed tweaks
- System tweaks, more smoothness
- GTalk with Video
- better camera
- fixed laggy browser
- Root + Busybox
- New Market
- Full Arabic support reading and writing
- Samsung keyboard (Added Arabic support)
- Swype keyboard (Added Arabic support)
- Sent time & Unlimited Contacts adding & No MMS Convert
- Added JKay app to customize the them
- Improved battery life
- Huge APN list
- No SMS on Call logs
- Decreased Call ring delay
- Increased wifi scan delay
- Fix RTL on Whatsapp
- Remove Samsung apps
- BLN on SMS/MMS
- Disable noise suppression
- Call recording
- The mobile must be running on Latest XWLPD firmware and rooted on the same firmware.
- The data in your phone might get lost or corrupted after updating the mobile. So if you want to backup your data just follow the guide given below:
- Backup SMS by using “SMS Backup & Restore app”.
- Transfer contacts by syncing them with Gmail application
- Store Call Logs
- Copy Songs, Videos, Files from internal External SD Card
- The battery must be charged at least 60% or more so that it the device doesn’t shut down
- Uninstall all the antivirus from your computer which may have a chance to interrupt the upgrading process.
- Run the device on USB Debugging Mode. By enabling it from going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and tick the check box.
Steps to Update Galaxy S II GT I9100 with WanamLite Custom ROM Firmware
1. Download Firmware Package, MTP Enable Package, Hacked VPN Email APK Package, S Voice package, ICS Lock Screen Package in your computer. Once every package is downloaded, connect your device and transfer all the zip files in your mobile.
2. Now disconnect your mobile and turn it off so that you can enter Recovery Mode.
3. Hold the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button) and turn off your device while holding them. After entering the recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” to clear your phone cache.
4. Now, Select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then select these packages in the same order starting with Wanam, “Wanam lite Firmware Package, MTP Enable Package, Hacked VPN Email APK Package, S Voice package, ICS Lock Screen Package”
5. Once it has been done, select “++++ Go Back ++++” and reboot your phone and Congratulations you have successfully updated your S2 with WanamLite Custom ROM Firmware.