Xperia Neo V users are lucky because they can now finally update there Sony mobile with the official update. To get the latest ICS 4.0.3 Firmware follow the rooting guide given below to get the most stable version of ICS on Neo V. This update is compatible only on Neo V and users all over the world can update through this. The only condition is that the device should not be network locked or else it will brick the device.
Also, it will not only improve the user interface but also fix all the bugs related to Google PLAY and Wi Fi.
Caution: We are not responsible for any damage done to the device. Users are responsible for everything they are doing, so it is suggested to follow the tutorial carefully and not to add anything which you are not aware of.
Below are the pre-requisite which also contains how to backup your mobile stuff. And after that the main Installation Procedure to update your mobile. All the users in the globe can update there phone through this.
- Uninstall or disable all the antivirus software/apps which may interrupt the installing process.
- At least 60% battery must be remaining in your phone, if not then charge it up to 60% of it may have a chance of getting shut down in between the installation procedure due to insufficient battery.
- Run the device on USB Debugging Mode. This can be done by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and tick the check box.
- If your phone is rooted or is on any custom ROM firmware, they you will have to clear the cache and wipe the data from recovery mode. Also check if Lax Fix in enabled, if it is so then disable it.
- All your data that is movies, call log, SMS and etc have a chance to get lost or corrupted/damaged after the update. To backup your data follow the guide given below:
- Backup SMS by using “SMS Backup & Restore app”.
- Transfer contacts by syncing them with Gmail application
- Store Call Logs
- Copy Songs, Videos, Files from internal External SD Card
Installing ICS 4.0.3 Firmware on SONY Ericsson Xperia Neo V
2. After doing all these things, open flashtool.exe and go to C:/ flashtool > firmwares > and delete all the files there and exit it. Now, download ICS 4.0.3 Firmware Package for Xperia Neo in your PC and extract the same to get the .ftf file
3. On the right side of the flash tool, select and uncheck all the option given below accordingly and click on “Ok” to start the upgrading process.
4. Once the firmware has been updated, the device will restart and you can now enjoy the ICS version on SONY Ericsson Xperia Neo V.